Arts Jam. Your space to create, collaborate and be inspired
Relax and have fun trying out different materials and processes each month or bring your own project to work on. This is an informal, untaught event. All ages and abilities are welcome, join us and find your inspiration.
- To be accessible to all, offering themes that accommodate for different styles, approaches and abilities
- To encourage collaboration, conversation and sharing of skills, ideas and processes
- To explore, experiment and inspire new creative endeavors and projects
- To build confidence with a focus on process rather than finished item
- To be affordable, utilizing materials and processes that are readilyavailable /accessible at home so that work can be continued and furtherdeveloped if wished
- To consider environmental impact through choice of materials andreducing waste. Use natural or recycled materials where possible. Final products can be reused and further developed through subsequent workshops.
- To feed into Nurture’s Nature versus Nurture wider theme
Monday 3rd February
Painting without a brush
Create a monochrome abstract painting inspired by the winter landscape. Splatter, print, spread, blow, scrap or scratch to create interesting effects, no paintbrushes allowed!
Monday 2nd March
Spring flower collage
Brighten up a cold winter evening. Build up layers of paper, inks, pens and pencil to create a bright abstract floral image.
Monday 6th April
Explore simple techniques for printing without a press.
Monday 4th May
Create bright patterned paper feathers. Work together to build a fantastical pair of wings.
Monday 1st June
Plant dyed Furoshiki
Make your own Furoshiki inspired wrapping clothes painted with natural tea and berry dyes.
Monday 6th July
Use freshly picked summer flowers to create beautiful flower mandalas or make your own flower petal paint.
No event in August due to school holidays
Monday 7th September
Vegetable printing for grown ups
Print onto fabric using root vegetables and create bold organic patterns.
Monday 5th October
Decorate autumn leaves with acrylic paint and embroidery.
Monday 2nd November
Create ethereal dried flower and leaf garlands.
Monday 7th December
Salt dough ornaments
Press natural materials into salt dough to create unique hanging ornaments.